Friday, July 28, 2006

Hall Chronicle
First, I have to confess that I have no photos to post that haven't already been posted by other family members. In other words, every photo I have on my computer has been given to me by family who have a digital camera. But that is about to change. Betty's and my digital camera is on its way. We ordered a Canon Power Shot A-620. That's a 7.1 megapixel. Our friend Tim Geysbeek was here last week doing interviews and he had just got one and it seemed a good choice. Later than most everyone else, but finally stepping into the age of digital photography. However, we've not always been the last to get things new. We were among the very first to buy a rotary lawn mower. Uncle Oliver hired me when we were doing pre-field ministry to go out to Nigeria, and living in Uncle Clyde's house in Lanesboro, to mow the entire cemetery in Lanesboro. So I bought one of the early model, 2 cycle engine, mowers from Sears. Later sold it to my brother Dave when we went to Africa. Will we be not the first among all people, but the first in our family to buy a hybrid car? I don't have great confidence in battery powered equipment, but it is surely tempting. It would appear that Toyota's product has been well tested and its reliability well established.
Recently finished reading "The Royals" (England's "royal" family) by Kitty Kelley. Yes, yes, I know she has a reputation for digging up all the dirt. Well, she certainly has in this book. How wise our many, many ancestors were to leave it all behind back in the 1600 and early 1700 hundreds. The Halls, Wheelers, Pages, Wellmans, Carsons, Lees, Carswells, and so forth. And later to shake off the ruling hands of crazy old King George. What a circus they are! English are they? They're more German than English. Good grief, my family and I are MORE English than the Queen of England. But this I'll say, they're good for something...tourism.

6 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Hannatu said...

Thank goodness for the separation of church and state, though I think the USA has carried it a little too far. But I'm sure glad that Prince Charles isn't going to be the head of any church I attend!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Hall Chronicles said...

I hate to be condescending, but perhaps we should feel sorry for those born into England's "royal" family. It is almost as though they are like circus animals penned up and on view. There is absolutely no way they can get out, move to Candada or down under, own a ranch, be "ordinary" people. There is literally no escape. Edward VIII couldn't escape. Maybe living in luxury isn't all its cracked up to be--unless at the same time it can be lived with meaning and signifigance. Princess Di tried that.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Hannatu said...

Well said. As the saying goes, "It's lonely at the top." I can't imagine a life where flashbulbs are constantly going off in your face and you have absolutely no privacy. I like my quiet life the way it is!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Corey Adams said...

Interesting thoughts. The Royals huh? Maybe I should read it someday. Glad to see some post up Dr. Hall. I have been busy at Camp. Great time, and I am looking forward to going back to College in a couple of weeks. God Bless.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

I know someone that has a Prius and they really like it. Nice to talk to you on the phone today.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

I'm anxiously waiting for you to get your graduate degree in digital photography so we can see some samples here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home