Thursday, August 03, 2006





These are the first photos taken digitally. What can I say? Only this, the upload is far, far inferior to the actual photos. And that is true, too, of the uploaded photos I've seen on other blogs. What's going on? Ban sani ba!

Anyway, the first of these three photos is Betty and it is my custom when buying a new camera that the very first photo is of her and the second is of me. How many new still cameras have we ever had? Three. The first, with money given to us by the Brethren Chapel in Mishawaka, Ind. was an Argus C-3. Anyone out there in cyberspace remember that camera? Almost every American missionary of that era had one. Good, tough, reliable, inexpensive and wonder of wonders--but the usual in 1952--it was American made. Our second 35mm camera was a Pentax K-1000. Again, inexpensive, but tremendous value for the money. If you can get your hands on a good K-1000 these days, and reasonably, get yourself one! Even in the digital age, film cameras are not yet relics. I hope not. I have my Dad's Minolta. Heavy, but excellent camera. As for camera number three--well, I've not exactly leaped into the age of digital photography. Let's say I've stumbled into it, about the last citizen of Planet Earth to do so. But here we are with a Canon Power Shot A-620. It can, once I get it figured out, do about as many mysterious and eye-popping things as my computer. Please don't judge my camera, or my abilities by the quality of the photos on this blog. Oh, by the way. "This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice! And, be glad in it!"

4 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Hannatu said...

I've still got my Pentax, though the last roll I took didn't roll through properly and all the pictures were double exposed. It has begun having problems like that, but I'm not ready to give it up. For the time being it's in the attic. I really like being able to focus my own pictures. I think you'll enjoy your digital, too. It's fun to be able to take as many pcitures as you want without wasting film! You can delete all the bad ones and never have to pay to get them developed to find out if they're bad or not.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Corey Adams said...

Nice pictures Dr. Hall. Glad the camera is working well.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

We, too, still have and use our Pentax. It's getting hard to find camera repair shops, however. I think Alesha has a Pentax, too. Nice pictures!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The pictures look good, Dad.

I was using an Olympus, but have just switched back to my Canon as it is far superior.

I am sending you a cd rom with a Microsoft program called Image Composer. It will allow you to do alot of different things with your photos. You will find that a 7 megpix photo is quite large for emailing, ect. A 7 megpix picture will more than fill your screen at full size. This program will let you reduce the size so that it is e-mailable, and fits the screen perfectly when opened.

Dean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home